No products in the cart.
On this web web web page:
Bear Hunting License
To look for bear ahead of the firearms period on deer, a legitimate searching permit and a bear license is needed. The charge because of this license is:
- Residents $27.00*
- Non-Residents $74.00* (this license covers the bear hunting season that is entire
- Non-Resident Later Season Allow $40*
In case a non-resident desires to hunt bear throughout the regular firearms period on deer just, a late-season bear searching license and a legitimate searching permit is needed.
To trap for bear, a trapping license and bear trapping permit is necessary. See Trapping Laws for lots more information
Qualified landowners may hunt bear by themselves land without a big game permit, but are needed to have bear hunting permit that is valid. See landowner that is special.
Bait could be put thirty day period before the bear searching with bait period no later than October 31. Bait areas should be washed up by 10 november. Bait may be used to help dog hunters and trappers, however it is unlawful to shoot a bear over bait following the close of this bait period.
Searching if you use bait is described as searching from an observation stand, blind, or other location that overlooks any bait or food, except standing plants and meals which have been kept due to normal agricultural operations or normal incident.
Bear bait means any animal, plant, or derivative thereof, utilized to attract bear. This doesn’t add packaging or container materials that fall in the concept of litter under Title 17, В§2263.
An individual may well not spot any medicinal, poisonous, or stupefying substance to entice any animal, including bear.
Bait may possibly not be put to entice, hunt or trap black colored bear unless:
- The bait is put at the least 50 yards from any travel method in which is obtainable by the standard 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive automobile
- The observation stand, blind, or bait area is clearly labeled by having a 2 inches by 4 inches label using the true title and address regarding the baiter
- The bait is positioned a lot more than 500 yards from any solid waste disposal web site or campground
- The bait is positioned a lot more than 500 yards from an occupied dwelling, unless written authorization is issued because of the dog owner or tenant
- Anyone searching from someone else’s stand or blind gets the owner’s authorization.
- Anyone putting bait on someone else’s land gets the landowner’s authorization (oral or perhaps written down).
- If putting bait on a wildlife administration area, you ought to secure a license from MDIFW. To use for a bear baiting allow, contact the wildlife biologist in your administrative area.
- If putting bait on Public Reserved Land, you will need to secure a license through the Bureau of Parks and Lands (for information, call 207-287-3821).
Baiting of animals is forbidden in State Parks and Historic web web Sites.
Legal Hunting Gear
Bear might be taken by usage of rifle, handguns, muzzleloader, shotguns (with slugs just rather than bigger than 10 measure), bow and arrow (with a draw that is minimum of 35 lbs.) or crossbow (with the absolute minimum draw fat of 100 lbs.). The utilization of a firearms with .17 or .22 caliber rimfire cartridges, or even a shotgun with shotloads to hunt bear is forbidden.
Bear Hunting Prohibitions
Someone cannot, within 50 yards of a baitsite and without written authorization fromthe one who keeps the bait site:
- look, trap, molest, or harass bear
- to push out a dog or how to delete asian date account dogs to hunt bear
- train dogs on bearIt is illegal to hunt bear, or launch dogs for that function, within 500 yards of the waste disposal site that is solid
It’s illegal to hunt bear, or launch dogs for the function, within 500 yards of a solid waste disposal website
Searching with Dogs
It really is illegal to:
- usage dogs to hunt bear through the available firearm period on deer
- usage significantly more than 6 dogs at any one time and energy to search for bear
- destroy or wound a bear this is certainly treed or held at bay by another people dog or dogs until you have actually permission through the individual performing the search
An individual might not hunt bear after having killed one by searching that can not trap bear after having killed one by trapping, throughout the season that is open of calendar 12 months. An individual may kill and register two bears, one by searching and one by trapping.
Bear Hunting having a Maine Guide
Nonresidents must use, and search when you look at the existence of, a resident Maine guide to be able to hunt bear with dogs. If the nonresident is an authorized Maine guide, they may hunt bear with dogs on their own, and may even guide residents, but cannot guide nonresidents.
The full total range consumers with a licensed guide may maybe perhaps not surpass five.
Laws Regarding Registration
Ahead of enrollment, bears are chop up for ease of transport, but all components ( aside from the viscera and rib cage) should be presented plus in such a fashion that the intercourse associated with animal are determined.
Present bear should have each part obviously labeled because of the title and target of the individual whom registered the pet and also the in which it was registered year.
Note: Hunters are required to eliminate a tooth that is premolar the bear they harvest and supply the enamel at enrollment (directions offered at the enrollment place). Hunters are going to be notified of this age of the bear they harvested from the Bear Hunting web web page associated with MDIFW site ahead of the beginning of the next bear searching season (belated August).
For informative data on buying, attempting to sell or bartering pets, see Prohibition Regarding Selling of crazy Animals.
For information on tracking wounded keep, deer or moose with dogs, see Leashed puppy Tracking License.
2020 Bear Hunting Seasons and Bag Limits
|period||Dates||day-to-day Bag & Possession Limit|
|General Hunting||31 – November 28, 2020||2 may be taken annually – 1 by hunting, 1 by trapping|
|Hunting with Dogs||September 14 – October 30, 2020|
|Hunting with Bait Bait can be placed August 1, 2020||August 31 – September 26, 2020|
|Trapping||September 1 – October 31, 2020|
|Youth Bear Day||August 29, 2020 august|
All dates are inclusive except that searching is prohibited on Sunday.
See Laws related to Hunting Equipment for home elevators the usage crossbows. Extra information on Bear Trapping.