No products in the cart.
Articles On Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
You think that exercising sex that is safe the joy away from sex? It generally does not need to. Secure sex techniques merely combine the best pleasure with all the least danger of contracting HIV as well as other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), such as for example herpes or syphilis. Secure sex can in fact boost your sex-life by increasing interaction and trust between both you and your partners that are sexual.
What’s the Safest Sex?
The best method to stop HIV or STIs, needless to say, is abstinence, which can be no sex at all. Then, the best intercourse is intercourse this is certainly provided between two different people who aren’t contaminated with any STIs (including HIV), whom have only intercourse with one another, and that don’t utilize injectable medications. If for example the partner is contaminated with HIV or any other STI, or you do not know your lover’s intimate history, the safest intimate tasks include:
- Fantasizing or having phone intercourse
- Touching your own personal human anatomy erotically (masturbation) or having each partner touch his / her very very very own human body (mutual masturbation)
- Caressing your lover making use of nonsexual therapeutic massage
- Rubbing against your spouse’s human anatomy with clothing on
What Exactly Is Secure Intercourse?
Safer intercourse that is sexual some danger, however it is much, much safer than using no precautions at all. Simply speaking, safe intercourse means maybe perhaps not enabling your spouse’s semen or genital secretions to obtain of one’s vagina, anus, penis, or lips. In addition it means genital skin-to-skin contact that is avoiding. That is because some STIs are spread simply by skin-to-skin contact. Secure intercourse does mean precautions that are taking you’ve got cuts, sores, or bleeding gum tissue; these can raise the threat of distributing HIV.
Secure intercourse is protected intercourse during every single intimate encounter. It provides:
- Oral sex by having a condom, dental dam, or wrap that is plastic
- Vaginal intercourse by having a male or condom that is female
- Anal intercourse having a male or condom that is female
Imagine if Both You And Your Partner Are Both HIV Positive?
It might seem you don’t need to exercise sex that is safe both you and your spouse have actually HIV. But exercising safe intercourse will assist protect you against other STIs. It shall additionally protect you against other strains of HIV, that might maybe maybe maybe not respond well to medicine.
The principles below may help lovers with HIV, in addition to uninfected lovers who would like to avoid HIV that is getting or STI.
Utilizing Condoms as well as other Obstacles for Secure Intercourse
Obstacles work by blocking numerous viruses, germs, as well as other infectious particles. Male latex condoms would be the most typical barrier utilized for safe sex. Should your partner does not want to work with a male condom, you need to use a feminine condom, which fits in the vagina. They are higher priced than male condoms and have a little more training to master simple tips to utilize.
Check out fundamental things you have to know about buying and utilizing condoms as well as other barriers that are protective.
- Always utilize a brand new barrier every and each time you’ve got intercourse.
- Only buy latex condoms which are built to avoid infection. They are for sale in medication shops with out a prescription.
- Only utilize water-based lubricants, such as for example K-Y jelly, with latex condoms. Avoid using oil- or lubricants that are petroleum-based as Vaseline or hand cream; they are able to result in the plastic in latex condoms to split.
- You can use a polyurethane condom with an oil-based lubricant if you are allergic to latex.
- Shop condoms in a very good, dry destination far from sunlight. Do not keep a condom in your wallet for over a couple of hours at a time.
- Never ever utilize a condom this is certainly brittle, gluey, or discolored, or in a damaged package.
- During dental sex, protect the whole genital or anus area with a barrier. You can make use of a “dental dam” (latex squares, that are for sale in medical supply shops or adult stores) or a sizable bit of synthetic place. You could make use of a condom that is unused lengthwise.
- In the event that you as well as your partner are HIV good, utilize latex gloves that are surgical checking out one another intimately. Tiny cuts in the tactile hand might get contaminated with HIV, or distribute HIV.
You can even pose a question to your medical practitioner in regards to the HIV medication Truvada. It is often authorized for usage in those at risky being a real method to avoid HIV disease. Truvada should really be found in combination with safe intercourse techniques.
SOURCES: Planned Parenthood internet site: “Safer Sex. ” AIDS InfoNet webpage: “Safer Intercourse tips. ” American Academy https://datingrating.net/singlemuslim-review of Family Physicians internet site: “HIV and AIDS: just how to lower your Risk. ” Gay guys’s wellness Crisis website: “HIV/AIDS Basics. ” Food And Drug Administration internet site: “Condoms and Sexually Transmitted Diseases. Specially AIDS. ” MedlinePlus internet site: “Medical Encyclopedia: Condoms. ” Food And Drug Administration internet site. CDC: “Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP). “